LCN wilde - pedique is the restoration and correction of a previously damaged nail by a podiatrist for cosmetic purposes. The process involves the application of layers of a special gel to the damaged nail bed, onto which UV light is focused in order to harden the gel. The gel resin has the ability to bond to a surface, add strength and harden with a glossy finish, whilst at the same time adapting to the movements of the toe due to its flexibility.
Other LCN wilde-pedique Properties
- No Odour, no Discolouration – Once an Acrylester – Resin has been cured for about two mins under a UV-A light, the material is completely cured and will not change.
- No Primer/Chemical Activator – LCN gels use no aggressive acidic primers which damage the natural nail plate.
- No Damage to the Natural Nail – As the gel cures to a flexible surface, it will not damage or hinder the natural nail growth.
- Non Porous – neither moisture or air can penetrate the material and, therefore, fungal nails can be covered with the gels helping prevention of further spread or development of the infection.
How could LCN wilde pedique benefit me?
- Fungal Nails -This treatment can be used in conjunction with fungal nail treatment either in the form of topical or oral antifungal treatment. Although Wilde-Pedique is not a cure in itself, it should help in limiting the spread of the fungal infection and it will certainly go along way in boosting your confidence in being able to show off your feet.
- Nails damaged by trauma or removed surgically – A prosthetic nail may help the new nail grow into place along the nail bed thereby minimising risk of an ingrown nail or in cases of surgery constructing a completely new nail on the nail bed. The treatment will not work when the nail bed has been removed as it needs a portion of nail to adhere to.
- Cracked/split nails -LCN gels helps further damage by covering the crack/split, preventing further snagging.